Tuesday 12 June 2012

I want to be better




Mostly I can coast along quite nicely thinking I’m doing an okay job at being a Mum.  But some days, like today, I think I suck at it.

I wish I could be better.  I wish I could be more like a friend of mine, let’s call her Serenity.  She is calm, patient, doesn’t use the word ‘no’ all the time and generally is serenity incarnate.  Today, that was not me.  In fact, on most days ‘serene’ isn’t a word I would use to describe myself.

I have been known to yell, be sarcastic, slam doors and be as childish as my two year old.  But I’m trying.  I know that’s got to count.  It has to… otherwise I am doomed to suck at this.

I have signed up for Essential Baby’s 28 day scream-free parenting challenge which begins on Monday, 18 June.  I pray with the tools I use from this challenge coupled with external reading as well as mindfulness, I will be a step closer to being the parent I want to be.  And maybe if I’m brave enough, I’ll blog about my journey.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you think :)